GAS EXPLOSION DAMAGES MCLEANSBORO HOME

The McLeansboro Fire Department says an explosion happened under a house in the 7700 block of Illinois 14 in McLeansboro Tuesday morning.

Assistant Fire Chief Jim Morris says an HVAC crew was putting a furnace in and when they lit a torch inside the home, the gas line under the house must have been leaking causing an explosion under the house.

The home’s roof, floors and foundation vents were damaged, and a fire was reported in the crawl space. The house did not explode.

One HVAC technician suffered minor burns in the explosion and was taken to a local hospital for evaluation and was released.

The homeowners were on the back patio when the explosion happened. They were not hurt.